Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Kinder surprise

I guess most of us would have had one of these at a certain point of our lives: The Kinder Surprise chocolate egg. The word "Kinder" actually means "Children" in German and it was indeed from its German origin. With some digging of history (well, from wikipedia...), it seems that although the toy-in-egg concept was from Italy, the chocolate itself was originated from Germany.

As Easter is coming, I thought it would be a good idea to have one of those at its birth-country (at least for the chocolate part).

Kinder Überraschung: Children Surprise

The listed price was 0.69euro but for some reasons it was on sale for 0.49euro. I just picked it while I was in the line at the cashier, and interestingly, the lady in front of me got two right after seeing me getting one.

I don't know if it's just me, but I find the toys inside getting less and less exciting than before. There were cars and planes, but now I can only see jigsaw puzzles and some lame plastic animals. Nevertheless, the milk chocolate is still good. Perhaps I should buy the milk chocolate only.

1 comment:

  1. After I got here, I realized that I already knew 4 German words! The first one is Kaputt, which is common in Canada. The 2nd one is kindergarten! It is a German word! Since I know kindergarten, the 3rd and 4th German words are kinder and garten! It's true that you know more than you think you do :P

    ReplyDelete